English Conversation-AG is all about practicing your spoken English and getting you talking in a relaxed atmosphere in which your language will not be graded.
The AG is designed for 10th-, 11th-, 12th- and 13th-graders who would like to improve their language, simply have more opportunities to speak English outside of English class, and prepare for future exams – both for Kommunikationsprüfung and the ‘classic’ oral Abitur exam as well as for standardized English tests you may need later to study or work abroad.
Our sessions will include
- talking games
- discussions about current world affairs
- pronunciation exercises to improve your pronunciation and work on your
- vocabulary for oral presentations, such as linking words, fillers, and other
- exam practice / mock exams
- sample tasks from standardized tests such as the Cambridge Certificate and
the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Last year’s final event was our field trip to Freiburg to participate in an Irish Pub Quiz.
This is a lunchtime AG, so feel free to bring a snack to class – as long as you manage to talk in between chewing.
We meet every Monday from 12.45 to 13.25 hrs in Room 2003 (right next to “Krankenzimmer” and across from the office/“Sekretariat”).
Looking forward to seeing you!